The Our City All Together Award funds an artist to bring their vision of a temporary public artwork to life. The award is a one time amount of $1250 to be decided by the community at an event on March 15th at 304 N Main.
Public art has traditionally been known as sculptures and murals. While we welcome these submissions, we are well aware that creating large pieces starts to cost a great deal in materials alone. We invite you to consider non-traditional temporary public art such as actions or moveable installations. The selection committee is excited as a group to discuss what is “art” and which of these submissions will elicit a response from the viewer.
- Limit of One entry per artist.
- Must be accessible and observable to the public in Rockford.
- Must be created in 2019.
- Does not need to be a physical object.
- Must be an original project, not an iteration of an existing project.
- No need to acknowledge Our City All Together Art Award
- Must be temporary. It must be removed or dismantled within 2 months.
- May not cause injury, damage to property or impair public safety.
- January 6th — Submission Opens
- February 15th — Submission Deadline
- February 26th — Reveal Top 3
- March 15th — Event
How to submit
By February 15th, In an email to [email protected] please include:
- Your Name
- Project Title
- Contact phone (if we have questions during judging)
- Tell us about your project! (300 word limit)
- How will you use the money?
- Where do you want to see this done?
- Tell us a little about yourself. (100 word limit)
- Attach Images to the email or provide a link to a Youtube video if you wish.
If we have questions, please be available on February 18th from 6-8 and February 25th 6-8 when we will may reach out for clarification.
For additional information, please contact [email protected]